Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Countdown: My Favorite Couplings #9



9.  Joss Whedon & Nathan Fillion
 Look at that love!

Look at that worship!

Look at those two perfect specimens of fanboy!

[Look at those sweet raglan sleeves, Joss!  And, Nathan, invest in an undershirt.]

Joss Whedon is very loyal to his actors, which is awesome because he finds really dope actors and then NEVER STOPS USING THEM.  Which is fine by this girl, because he gifts us with the oh-so-crushable Nathan Fillion over and over again.  When Firefly was martyred, Joss gave his new Leading Man a role on the last few episodes of Buffy.  He used him again in Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along-Blog.

If this is the kind of bond that can form while creating a handful of cult masterpieces, then sign me up!

[My not-so-secret wish is this.  One day I will meet Joss Whedon.  He will instantly realize how brilliant and talented I am.  He will write roles specifically for me and put me in all his projects alongside Fillion.  In public, fans will speculate that I endanger their friendship and collaboration.  Like the Yoko of the Whedonverse.  But behind the scenes, the three of us smoke weed and watch bad horror movies and just have a million ideas for Amazing Things.]

No comments:

Post a Comment