Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Become The Fake Geek Girl


Are you a girl?

Have you noticed that all the boyz in your life are into, like, NERD things?

Comic books?  Yeah, they've got them, pristine in tall white boxes.
Action figures?  On display.  Prominently.

DVDs?  Blu-Rays?  Video games?  Of course!  They even have six different versions of Star Wars!!

And don't even get me started on all the books!  I mean, who even reads that much, anyway?

All this media, all this information, all these special effects can be a lot to take in, especially for a small, sparkly girl brain.  How are we ever supposed to keep up?  How are we ever supposed to talk to a boy again, let alone flirt with one!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!

Well, girlz, remember the old adage [an adage is like a "phrase" or "proverb"--I use thesaurus.com to sound smart].  IF YOU CAN'T BEAT THEM, KILL JOIN THEM.  And that's exactly what I plan to do, and I plan to help you do that, too!!

This means that we need to educate ourselves--as much as we can--about all things "geeky" or "nerdy".  Superheroes, video games, horror, fantasy, science fiction, even actual science (if I can even say the word science without totally barfing).  But I understand as well as any of you that doing research--reading, watching, discussing--is hard.  Between friends and family, Facebook and Pinterest, who has any time anymore!?

NEVER FEAR!!  THE FAKE GEEK GIRL IS HERE!

That's right, I'm like Superman.  I swoop in and save the day.  Only instead of actual powers, I bring you news and reviews and all stuff.  Also, I don't change in phone booths.  I mean, sketchy much?  (Do you think Henry Cavill will change in a phone booth in Man of Steel.  I hope so!  Maybe we'll see his butt and I won't have to rely solely on my Tudors DVDs...)

So check back on the regular!

OH ALSO.  You don't just have to be a gurl to read this blog!  I know I said that at the beginning, but I promise I'll be entertaining even if you already know everything I'm talking about.  I cosplay, so there'll be Sexy Pictures of Me every so often.  And some boys like boys, and would therefore want to impress them with their sweet nerd skillz.  And if you're gender-neutral, you can connect with any of it!  [That's how it works, right?]  [Can gender-neutral be a Dungeons & Dragons alignment?]

That's all for now, sluts!

xoxo,
Gossip The Fake Geek Girl

3 comments: