Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Sexy, Pulpy Art of Carlos Valenzuela

I <3 Carlos Valenzuela.  I've loved him for a long time without even knowing it.

Okay, STORY TIME!

I saw this image on tumblr awhile back:
I love me a monster-fightin bombshell, so I put it on Pinterest and forgot about it.

TUMBLR AND PINTEREST IN THE SAME PARAGRAPH.  Can I be any more of a 20-something girl stereotype?

A few months later, I was looking for inspiration for a short story, and so I was browsing through my Pinterest board dedicated to pix I find brainstorm-worthy, and this one immediately jumped out at me.  So I started working on a sexy lady monster hunter character.

Then today, Classic Movie Monsters featured a couple of portraits of Frankenstein and the Wolf Man.  I liked the portraits, so I clicked the link to the artist's page.  I noticed my lady monster hunter in the background of another picture, and I got really excitedAnd so began today's internet timesuck!

I went through Valenzuela's whole gallery.  I so totally dig his pulp-meets-pinup style.  A few of my favorites are below, but you should really check out his whole deviantArt gallery.  Because you'll love him as much as I do!


[Carlos Valenzuela via Classic Movie Monsters]

No comments:

Post a Comment