Disclaimer: not an actual mixtape.
It's a mix of all the stuff I saw on the Internet this week that I didn't have time to write about, but still want to share.
- Superhero-themed Eye Makeup Designs
- The beauteous Karen Gillan has been cast as a villain in Guardians of the Galaxy. [Resisting the urge to make a joke with the phrase "Karen Villain."]
- Joss Whedon wants more lady superheroes: "Toymakers will tell you they won’t sell enough, and movie people will point to the two terrible superheroine movies that were made and say, You see? It can’t be done. It’s stupid..."
- The editor of the SFWA Bulletin has stepped down amid mucho DRAMA re: sexism and male contributors being d-bags.
- Speaking of sexism: "The people attending, on the other hand, were Not Comfortable With The Way I Chose to Present. I felt like they really, really wanted me to go back to my room and change into a long, historically accurate, shapeless Medieval dress. Or jeans and a geek t-shirt. Either would be acceptable: not too aggressively feminine, but not dressed nicely enough to make them nervous they were being invaded by mundanes."
- Finally, people who are Doing It Right: these lady heroes want to inspire teenage girls to be who they are and not be totally mean.