Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Honest Disney Movie Titles

In our age of trend pieces, the Princess Problem is oh-so-popular.  My experience has taught me that something that's popular is something that's worthwhile, so of course I want to weigh in on the debate!

Now, since I'm a lady, I don't have many opinions of my own.  Luckily, The FW has created these honest Disney movie posters, one of which perfectly expresses my philosophy:
Makeovers do fix everything!!

#RealTalk, though.  If a little girl wants to like princesses, let her like princesses!  If a little boy wants to like princesses, well then Disney aisle, here we come!  But if your little girl wants a Tonka Truck and some Hot Wheels, so what?

Some girls are princesses.  Some girls are warriors.  Some girls are warrior princesses.

And some girls are queens and some are witches and some are courtesans.  And astronauts and actresses and sergeants and psychologists and designers and dreamers and.... There are as many "ands" as there are girls.  We only run into obstacles when we force "not" into the list.

Enough talk!  Let's look at more pictures!!




[The FW via Geeks Are Sexy]

No comments:

Post a Comment